NAVIGATE ALL MY SITES

"I am mesmerized by the pet paintings you have done. How did you ever figure out how to paint their souls?" Deborah C.

Honeymooners in Crystal Palace - Pair of Zebra Finches in Crystal Chandelier bird pet portrait oil painting

Honeymooners in Crystal Palace
12x12 inches / oil on panel
SOLD
You’ll no doubt recall some other bird portraits I’ve painted, all of which are for one client who delights in their exquisite plumage, beautiful song and sweet, or sometimes in the case of her Parrots, entertaining dispositions -- seems her girls are always up to something! However, these two darling little Zebra Finches have such sweet dispositions which I really tried to capture in this intricate portrait of the happy couple nestling together in an exquisite crystal chandelier. The whimsical title came to me while I painted, as is often the case.


4 comments:

Carol J. Forrest said...

The zebra finches are thrilled to be depicted in such lavish surroundings! This painting is so wonderful! It is so whimsical and romantic and a great still life as well as a great portrait of two happy little zebras!

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Thank you SO much, Carol (and Zebras). It's always such a delight painting portraits of your darling little birds! What a spectacular scene to have been able to capture these sweethearts in such a uniquely beautiful setting. Always a joy to paint for you! Thank you for your lovely comments, too.

Anyes K. Busby - Studio Vignette Fine Art said...

My gosh Jeanne,
Breathtaking! I understand the level of expertise and artistry this piece required, I hope your client fully realises that she has a masterpiece in her possession.
You are unbelievable.
Anyes
XX

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Thank you SO much, Anyes, for such a glowing compliment! Yes, Carol is extremely delighted with this painting as well as all her other bird portraits, whcih makes the extra effort on details here, even more gratifying. Thank you for your lovely comments!


taste testing, meeting Teddy, sitting pretty

taste testing, meeting Teddy, sitting pretty

...and one of my beautiful boys

...and one of my beautiful boys

and here are my big boys

and here are my big boys

...and our other big boy

...and our other big boy

my constant companion in the garden whom we lost to cancer this past spring

my constant companion in the garden whom we lost to cancer this past spring