NAVIGATE ALL MY SITES

"I am mesmerized by the pet paintings you have done. How did you ever figure out how to paint their souls?" Deborah C.

Suki cozy kitty catnap pet portrait in oil

"Suki"
7x5 inches / oil on panel
SOLD
I'm tempted to entitle this portrait "Catnap". Darling Suki lives with Comet, shown below. Being a cat lover myself and having three at the moment, I am quite familiar with the charm of seeing a kitty snuggled up in a cozy ball, and they find the most adorable places to nap.  So it was especially fun painting Suki curled up and Comet with his big, excited eyes. just as we see our own cats so often.
A portion of proceeds donated to the Seattle Humane Society.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suki looks like my Miss Kitty, who was rescued last July from a hot parking lot in Georgia.(no houses nearby)
Miss Kitty has been the most joyful cat we have ever owned and lives with our precious old male cat J.J., who was a feral kitten when adopted thirteen years ago.

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

I love to hear stories like your Miss Kitty and J.J. Miss Kitty has been a gift to you ...and you to her for no doubt saving her life! I always think a rescued animal has a special way of showing us their gratitude on a daily basis, which makes them all the more precious. I'm absolutely delighted that both Miss Kitty and J.J. have found a wonderful home filled with love.


taste testing, meeting Teddy, sitting pretty

taste testing, meeting Teddy, sitting pretty

...and one of my beautiful boys

...and one of my beautiful boys

and here are my big boys

and here are my big boys

...and our other big boy

...and our other big boy

my constant companion in the garden whom we lost to cancer this past spring

my constant companion in the garden whom we lost to cancer this past spring